Alcalingua is the centre of Alcalá University dedicated to teaching Spanish to foreign students. Its activities include different educational aspects: teaching Spanish language and culture, teachers training, Spanish for specific purposes, special programs for companies, Spanish for immigrants….
The Centre is located in Alcalá de Henares, a town where history and modernity come together in a cosmopolitan atmosphere, just 30 minutes from Madrid by public transport.
- Ten teaching classrooms with interactive whiteboards and audio and video equipment.
- A computer laboratory for students.
- Wi-fi throughout the building.
- Study and social areas equipped with appropriate furniture for students to meet in groups to chat or work.
- A Student Services area where students can obtain information and advice on the following: study management, accommodation, visas, extracurricular activities, help with consular services and help with banking procedures.
- In addition, students can use the other facilities at the University of Alcala: libraries, sports facilities, the fine arts room, the music room and the theatre and film hall, among others.
Alcalingua is engaged in technological and methodological research and updating through European collaboration programmes, participation with state institutions and with the University of Alcala.
We are also involved in a constant process of developing and digitising new materials to improve the quality of teaching and transmit Spanish language and culture to students, wherever they are.
Alcalingua holds an award for commitment to Tourist Quality.
Reasons to choose Alcala and the UAH
World leaders in teaching spanish language and culture
Over twenty years of dedication and renown guarantee the quality of our Spanish as a Foreign Language courses at the University of Alcala.
The Centre responsible for teaching Spanish at the University, Alcalingua, has a worldwide reputation
Why study spanish?
These days, it is essential to learn and be fluent in at least one second language, and Spanish is not only a particularly rewarding language to learn, it is also extremely useful. Why?
- Because it opens the door to over 20 countries where Spanish is the official language.
- Because it unlocks access to millions of books
On December 2, 1998, UNESCO declared the University of Alcala and city's historic centre a World Heritage Site.
This internationally prestigious honour was awarded to the University for being the first example in the Early Modern Period of a planned university city, and also for its vast contribution to the dissemination of knowledge and
Founded in 1499 by Cardinal Cisneros, it is one of the oldest universities in Spain and boasts among its former alumni some of the major figures of Spanish history and culture: its lectures have been attended by Lope de Vega, Francisco de Quevedo, Tirso de Molina, Fray Luis de León, Ignacio de Loyola, Juan de Mariana, Arias Montano, Ginés de