Alcalingua is the centre of Alcalá University dedicated to teaching Spanish to foreign students. Its activities include different educational aspects: teaching Spanish language and culture, teachers training, Spanish for specific purposes, special programs for companies, Spanish for immigrants….
The Centre is located in Alcalá de Henares, a town where history and modernity come together in a cosmopolitan atmosphere, just 30 minutes from Madrid by public transport.
- Ten teaching classrooms with interactive whiteboards and audio and video equipment.
- A computer laboratory for students.
- Wi-fi throughout the building.
- Study and social areas equipped with appropriate furniture for students to meet in groups to chat or work.
- A Student Services area where students can obtain information and advice on the following: study management, accommodation, visas, extracurricular activities, help with consular services and help with banking procedures.
- In addition, students can use the other facilities at the University of Alcala: libraries, sports facilities, the fine arts room, the music room and the theatre and film hall, among others.
Alcalingua is engaged in technological and methodological research and updating through European collaboration programmes, participation with state institutions and with the University of Alcala.
We are also involved in a constant process of developing and digitising new materials to improve the quality of teaching and transmit Spanish language and culture to students, wherever they are.
Alcalingua holds an award for commitment to Tourist Quality.
Cecilia has been our teacher for more than 10 years. In this video she gives her opinion on why studying in Alcalingua University of Alcalá.
Aiko was living with us during an annual course, she was plenty integrated into Spanish daily life and acquired a very advanced level of language allowing her to use it for professional purposes.
Raphael needed to speak Spanish to continue his studies in Spain. He tells us about his experience at Alcalingua.
Gretchen is American. In the year she studied with us, she increase her knowledge of Spanish form very beginner to advance level . Good luck in your new life in New Orleans!
Our student Carissa gives her opinion on the courses at the center: the change from face-to-face courses to Virtual System courses gives her more time to study Spanish.
Teresa is Australian, she says that Alcalingua teachers reinforced their confidence to learn Spanish; She bases her opinion on the learning process that she lived in our center.
Our student Estela has sent us a video with her opinion about Alcalingua and her experience when she studied at our center. Thank you very much, Estela!
León needed a high level of language to access the Spanish university. He studied an entire annual course with us.