Why study spanish?
These days, it is essential to learn and be fluent in at least one second language, and Spanish is not only a particularly rewarding language to learn, it is also extremely useful. Why?
- Because it opens the door to over 20 countries where Spanish is the official language.
- Because it unlocks access to millions of books, songs and films in Spanish.
- Because it is a key language in the business world, and will be a great asset on your CV.
- Because it will help you understand your own language better and learn another more easily.
- Because it is the language of various cultures.
But if you still need more reasons to learn Spanish...
According to the Cervantes Institute report, more than 500 million people speak Spanish, representing more than 6% of the world's population. What's more, Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world after Chinese and the second language of international communication after English; it is estimated that by 2030, 7.5% of the world's population will speak Spanish.